Lamar Jackson was, well, Lamarvelous! Too think there were people (many, many people) asking if they should start him against the Jets this week. All Ravens performed well who should have been in your lineups. Mark Andrews, Marquise Brown, Mark Ingram (two) all scored touchdowns. Even Jamison Crowder, if you had the guts to start him, paid off! With so many injuries occurring last week I am sure a sleeper or two is needed.
Here are three players at each position I think you could use in a pinch this weekend who may be slightly off your radar:
• Ryan Fitzpatrick: His matchup is solid (Giants), but who will he have to throw to?
• Gardner Minshew: No DJ Chark is a buzzkill.
• Mitchell Trubisky: He has been great the past two weeks.
• J.D. McKissic: Bo Scarbrough is out, and the Lions will have to play from behind against the Buccaneers. Why not?
• Matt Breida: Yes, Raheem Mostert is the top back right now, but Breida should be back to his usual passing-down usage.
• Rex Burkhead: Seems to me just when you think Burkhead won’t vulture touches, that is when he does.
• Chris Conley: No DJ Chark, it’s CC time!
• Isaiah Ford: DeVante Parker and Allen Hurns could miss this week’s game against the Giants.
• Greg Ward: No Alshon Jeffrey, maybe no Nelson Algohor, and JJ Arcega-Whitside hasn’t gotten it done. Hey, why not?
• Bonus track: With Mike Evans out, someone else gets a chance to shine for the Buccaneers. How about Justin Watson and/or Scotty Miller?
Let’s be honest outside of Travis Kelce, Zach Ertz, George Kittle, Darren Waller, Mark Andrews, Hunter Henry and Jack Doyle, they are all sleepers! Austin Hooper is back after making it through Week 14, so fire him up. Jared Cook (concussion) is worth a start if he plays. Play Tyler Higbee with Gerald Everett out again. If Evan Engram goes, he plays. That is the list. Put in a hat and draw out a name. David Njoku faces the Cardinals, so he is my true sleeper of the week.
Sleeper defense: Kansas City Chiefs
Need a kicker? Chase McLaughlin, Indianapolis Colts