The Orioles announced the club’s 2021 broadcast team Jan. 25, including on-air talent for the Mid-Atlantic Sports Network (MASN) and the Orioles Radio Network.
The versatile Orioles talent lineup features returning veterans and rising stars, who will continue to appear in multiple roles across MASN and Orioles Radio Network programming:
· GEOFF ARNOLD returns for his second season with the Orioles broadcast team. He will primarily serve as a play-by-play announcer for the Orioles Radio Network, in addition to making select appearances on MASN.
· KEVIN BROWN returns to the booth for his third season as an Orioles broadcaster, joining MASN telecasts for play-by-play duties in 2021. He will also continue calling games on the Orioles Radio Network.
· Veteran broadcaster SCOTT GARCEAU returns to MASN telecasts, marking his 41st year in the Baltimore sports landscape and his Garceau’s 15th season as a member of the Orioles TV family. He rejoined the club in 2020 after previously spending 13 seasons as part of the broadcast team from 1981-92.
· BRETT HOLLANDER, lifelong Baltimore resident and tenured local sportscaster, returns to the Orioles Radio Network in 2021. In his second season with the club, Hollander will also make select appearances on MASN.
· ROB LONG, host of the Big Bad Morning Show on 105.7 The Fan, will continue to appear across MASN and 105.7 programming after joining the talent lineup in 2019.
· Former Orioles pitcher BEN McDONALD will again bring his expert analysis to the broadcast booth, continuing his role on MASN telecasts in 2021. McDonald began making select appearances on MASN and the Orioles Radio Network in 2010 before joining the broadcast team full-time in 2018.
· MELANIE NEWMAN, who made history in 2020 as the first female broadcaster to call play-by-play for the Orioles, will continue her role on the Orioles Radio Network and will make select appearances on MASN.
· National Baseball Hall of Famer and Orioles Legend JIM PALMER will return for his 29th season as a MASN analyst and his 58th season as a member of the Orioles organization.
Although they will no longer appear regularly on broadcasts this season, RICK DEMPSEY and BRIAN ROBERTS will continue to serve as the club’s Community Ambassadors alongside BROOKS ROBINSON, EDDIE MURRAY, and BOOG POWELL.
MASN also announced plans to launch its owned and operated dedicated sport media app, creating an innovative digital experience that will provide viewers enhanced access to coverage across all available platforms. For the first time ever, fans throughout MASN’s seven-state broadcast territory will have the opportunity to live stream the network’s entire programming lineup – including all Baltimore Orioles and Washington Nationals games – by using the new MASN app and authenticating via TV provider log-in.
Winner of more than 65 Emmy and Addy Awards and leading the nation’s regional network industry in producing and distributing live sports and shows for its 15th consecutive season, MASN will again broadcast live every available Orioles and Nationals game – more than 300 total games – along with more than 600 of the award-winning O’s Xtra and Nats Xtra pre- and post-game shows.
“MASN will continue, as we have for the last 15 years, to broadcast more than 300 baseball games and 600 30-minute pre- and post-game shows,” said JOHN MCGUINNESS, Senior Vice President of Marketing and General Sales Manager of the Mid-Atlantic Sports Network. “The network’s investment in live streaming expands our ability to deliver premium content and provide deeper engagement opportunities for fans and marketers alike.”
Through the new app, which is expected to launch by Opening Day, viewers will have access to real-time player statistics, live scoring updates, and insider analysis from the MASNsports.com team. The MASN app will be expanded to feature unique video and editorial content, live odds and gaming analysis.
Streaming will be available within MASN’s seven-state telecast territory without any additional costs to authenticated subscribers who already have MASN in their channel lineup from participating cable or satellite providers. To find the authenticated TV service provider in your area, viewers should visit MASNsports.com.
Viewers will be able to live stream the MASN app via desktop, mobile (iOS and Android), and Roku. The MASN app will be available for download in the iTunes and Google Play App Stores.
MASN’s multicast on cable, satellite, telecom, and digital services features a team of returning veterans and rising stars providing play-by-play, color, analysis, fan forum, commentary, and contributing content: BOB CARPENTER, F.P. SANTANGELO, KEVIN BROWN, SCOTT GARCEAU, JIM PALMER, BEN MCDONALD, ROCH KUBATKO, MARK ZUCKERMAN, PAUL MANCANO, and other personalities.
— Baltimore Orioles press release
Photo Credit: Kenya Allen/PressBox