Each week I will tell you five things on my mind … two dealing with fantasy football, two dealing with sports in general (mostly NFL/Ravens/Orioles) and one random thought about the rest of the universe.
1. New Orleans Saints WR/TE Juwan Johnson could be the 2021 version of the 2007 Marques Colston. You are going to turn over the bottom of your roster anyway, why not add him now and beat the Christmas rush?
2. It’s the Ty’Son Williams Show for the Ravens Sept. 13. Who else plays, who knows, but Williams is the only back on the team who knows the playbook. It’s his job to lose. Devonta Freeman, Latavius Murray, Le’Veon Bell … I don’t know, you don’t know, the Ravens don’t really know, but if I had to guess … once Murray is up to speed he is the guy to own, but time will tell.
3. The women’s U.S. Open draw has been torn apart by two teenagers (Leylah Fernandez and Emma Raducanu). They play for the title Sept. 11th in New York. To me, it’s been the best women’s tournament in years … I can’t wait.
4. USMNT took some criticism for only getting five points through the first three games of World Cup qualifying, but may have found their next star in forward Ricardo Pepi. It’s a long qualifying year that doesn’t end until March, but the Oct. 7-14 stretch with games against Jamaica (in Texas), Panama (in Panama City) and Costa Rico (in Ohio) should tell you all you need to know about the USA’s chances.
5. Al Snow is a hero … look it up!
Photo Credit: Kenya Allen/PressBox